4.25.2012

BassettBros Frame




This particular piece was painted with the final frame in mind that I had picked, based on the color and patterning that the frame contained. The darker browns and lines were kept in mind during painting and somewhat fused to the final execution of the piece. All frames have a relationship with the piece, and often can make a different feeling in the final work, I feel this frame was fitting for the characters of the dogs and helped to enhance the overall finish to the work. The dark edge also adds a nice containment for both figures and helps to fuse the two shapes together. The glow and back-lighting effect is also further enhanced from this frame. I realize that I don't often post about the works final presentation, other than Plein Air events, so I will focus more on this for paintings. A second post is coming in a few hours, stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment