10.06.2010

59 El Dorado Cadillac Biarritz Convertible

Beginning stages of a '59 Cadillac El Dorado Biarritz Convertible painting process. 5 hours of work shown here, I completely the majority of the block in with aerosol and acrylic. The next steps were to continue laying opaque acrylic and to construct the framing for a 16' x 5' canvas. More photos and the final install soon to come. I have always been a huge fan of Chip Foose and many other masters of the automotive design, and this project not only tested my ability to create realistic effects and control that they achieve with ease, but on a grand scale. I dont know that I would ever be able to pay homage to a vehicle the way that Foose or many others do, but I am putting my metal heart and soul into the piece and enjoying the progress thus far. Project began in September and is now completed, final photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment