3.29.2012

Week of Remembrance



This was a post I wanted to put up on Monday as a dedication post to Brian Caufield, aka Chasm, who left us in 2009, and lives on through our creativity and heart. I was honored to create two murals of Brian, one in 2008, and the second in LA in 2009, the first of which is in this post. You can still see the work, it is located just before 5th on Lincoln in Denver. The purpose of this post is not to talk about the art, but to reflect and pay homage to those that have left us so young. I believe that painting portraits of those that have passed is a way of continuing to breath new life into their soul, and to help the families of the deceased. The sketch is of a close friends brother who recently passed, I will painting a portrait of this young man and hope to convey the same energy through this piece as I have in prior ones. All of the portraits here are created with spraypaint. Thanks for viewing and please share.


No comments:

Post a Comment