8.27.2012

Buffalo Bill Grave/Lookout Mountain Paintout





was Saturday, and my good friend Dan Castillo and I took to the hills for a late afternoon setup. Here are some progress shots of both of our paintings in progress. I have been intrigued by the Zorn-Anders palette and decided to give it a go yesterday, as did Dan. In the final stages I introduced Cad Yellow Pale for some foreground pop, but I felt I was going to have to slightly shift the palette in the final stages. It was a great day to paint and the weather was perfect. I enjoy the look of the finish, and am excited to continue to explore this palette in future setups. Look for more from Denver Plein Air soon, and check GTMD.org for any extra info on paint-outs and registration. Thanks for stopping in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment