6.08.2012

Blown Covers Runner-Up Weddings Submission





was this past week's Blown Covers submission. I was honored with a runner-up for my "Bouquet Toss" concept which I am glad to see resonated as a solid cover image.
Here are NY Art Editor Francoise Mouly's comments:

Weddings: Runner-up # 4
By Delton Demarest
A play on the classic image of the bride throwing her bouquet. The bridesmaids running for their lives give a telling portrait of how contemporary women view marriage: they’re at polar ends from their mothers or grandmothers.


I had a lot of fun with each thumbnail and the "Mail Order Bride" concept had me laughing to myself. All the submissions and thumbs can be seen above and I recommend you take a trip over to the blog to see the winners and more. I know I have been behind on posts as of late and will attempt to get back on track, look for more tomorrow on Second Saturday open studios. Thanks to Francoise Mouly and Nadja Spiegelman for the weekly sketching opportunity and consideration. Thanks for stopping in, please post and share. 



No comments:

Post a Comment