9.23.2012

Blown covers Autumn submissions

Was this past months Blown Covers theme, and a fun one with all the color and change of season aspects that go along with this theme. I focused on a few concepts that came to mind initially, diving into piles of leaves, and the last two political leaves on the tree, our presidential candidates for this November! The latter idea I worked up to a final watercolor painting you can see above, in addition you can see the first sketch below that. My submissions weren't considered for the runners-up or the winners, but per the usual a great learning experience and challenge to take on the themes amongst the ever growing talent of the Blown Covers artist stable. Look for next months theme of Halloween to be one of the best , I know I am excited for the concepts.

Final watercolor is on Rives, 4" x 5"

Autumn Blown Covers Link
http://blowncovers.com/post/29628612065/this-months-contest-theme-autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment