8.04.2013

Gutter Kids "InfaDelton"

was my submission for the group show put on by Optwon, a themed show with the focus being on a self-portrait version of the "Garbage Pail Kids". I am pleased to be able to share the final painting with you on this post. I will have another post this week about the trading card sets, photos from the show, and information where you can get your hands on the full sets, individual favorites, and authentic sticker cards in the works. I had a blast painting this piece, (the puns just keep coming voluntarily) and hopefully Art Spiegelman would be proud to see the inspiration so many have pulled from these creepy and often taboo images he originally created. I will end the post here, and I thank you all for stopping in to view the work. More posts soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment