2.09.2014

2013 Colorado Plein Air People's Choice Award









was bestowed upon me this year and what an honor! I have been participating in the Colorado Plein Air Festival for six years now, and the great people I have met, places I have seen, and locations I have had the opportunity to capture just amazes me! I cannot say enough about the organization, and the importance of working from observation to hone your skills, no matter what field you have a career in. I was unaware that this award had been granted to me and my painting "View from the clock tower". This painting was created alla prima during the 3 hour "paint-out" held at the historic D & F Clock tower in downtown Denver. 
This location is one that should not be missed, "in the heart of Denver, this venue features five unique floors connected by staircases. Two of the floors offer wraparound balconies (where we set up to paint) offering breathtaking panoramic views of the city and surrounding mountains." Excerpt from Clock tower Events, check the website for more info. 
The two awards that I received this year from CPAF are an honor and a privilege to have gained, and a great inspiration as I continue to learn and grow as a fine artist. I want to sincerely thank Chris Serr for her ongoing support and hard work, all the judges and most of all the show attendees for your votes! I am stunned by this outpouring from this years show. Please take the time to visit the links, view the award winners and look into the organizations and events that are held through CPAF and its subsidiaries. Thank you for stopping in to view the work and share in this award with me! Look for more posts soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment