11.22.2012

DPAAF 2012 Juried Competition






was a great showcase of both new and established Plein air painters. Best in Show and 1st Place was awarded to Jim Beckner for the second year in a row, and his work speaks volumes towards this award.
I was honored to have 5 paintings accepted, and even more psyched to be awarded an honorable mention for "Shapes and Shadows", the first painting I completed for the competition.
I was a little disappointed that I was not able to get out and paint more works, and larger works. It is always gratifying to know that the more painting on location I indulge in, the better my speed, accuracy, and value organization becomes.
These three attributes are only a mere step towards being a better painter, but I hope to push myself, and my ability to be comfortable out of the studio, and working from observation.
Other award winners and the entire exhibition can be viewed by visiting the GTMD.org website. Above are my framed submissions, and my fourth year in a row, (shameless self promo) award winning painting. Framing done by the wonderful folks at Abend Gallery, thanks!
A warm thank you and appreciation to everyone who follows the blog, promotes the work, and takes the time to stop through and see the information in this blog. On this day of thanks I have to extend my gratification to you all, and those who support and (share...hint hint) artists and their careers.
I have new information and platforms that I will be using for promo, process and the like, look for info on tumblr, and Instagram feeds soon. I will still post on this blog but am aiming to split up process steps, and final works in a more meaningful online direction.
Have a happy thanksgiving from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment