1.28.2010

PBR ART CONTEST ILLITERATE

Here are my process thumbnails, and preliminary sketches, and final for the PBR Art Contest being held nationally. I went with inspiration from 40s, 50s, and 60s Pabst advertisements that contained some kind of traditional illustration. I found through my research interesting tidbits about the Milwaukee brew, such as the 33 fine brews that are blended into one to create the Blue ribbon taste, and more than a few other things, such as tongue in cheek racist ads, and others that were evident of the era and its context. My theme took the direction of the blender can and its contents, with a classic style. The show at Illiterate was a blast, great turnout, great vibes. The contest winners are picked in summer I believe, so I will keep the blog updated as I hear more.



No comments:

Post a Comment